If you manage a company with more than one office, chances are good that you will need to meet periodically for a business conference. In addition to giving your employees the chance to meet and get to know each other, business conferences also give you the opportunity to give your team a much-appreciated change of scenery. Here are two hotel amenities you should look for when you start planning so that you can make the most of your conference.
1. A Truly Excellent Location
In real estate, you always hear that the three most important things to look for are "location, location, location," and the same concept holds true when planning a business conference. Finding a hotel situated in a truly excellent location will give your team members the chance to see a new place, explore new restaurants and bars, and to relax.
For example, if you find a great hotel situated near the beach, your team members might be able to take a break to build a sandcastle on the beach or to rent some scuba equipment to check out the ocean. Some hotel chains even maintain large condo buildings, allowing you to offer each of your employees their own separate living quarters for the week.
2. Complimentary Use of Professional Equipment
If the goal of your business conference is to tackle some important business, you will want to call ahead to your hotel or condo company to ask whether or not they offer business amenities like the complimentary use of professional equipment. These pieces of equipment can help you to get things done, even when you are far away from the office.
- Projectors: Projectors can make it easy to address large business audiences so that you can get on the same page as your team.
- Printers: Ask whether or not the hotel or condo building has conference rooms with working printers, just in case your employees need to print out invoices, purchase orders, emails, or other important documents.
- High-Speed Wireless Internet: Most places these days offer internet, but that connection won't help you much if the speed isn't up to par. Make sure that you have access to internet speeds that work well with your online operating systems or cloud storage. Also, make sure that you will be able to email, video conference, or instant message without infringing upon hotel data limits.
By doing what you can to find a great hotel, you might be able to let your employees kick back and relax—while coming together to make your company even better. For more information, contact a company like Sandcastle Condos.